Visitors can be good medicine for patients. Family members and friends are welcome to visit; however, patient care is our primary concern at GPCH and, in order to enhance the quality of care, we ask that visiting hours be no later than 9 p.m. We understand your reluctance to leave a loved one, but rest is an important part of the healing process.
Following are general guidelines for visitors:
- Visitors may not smoke in patient rooms or anywhere in the hospital, except in designated outside smoking areas.
- Visitors must dress appropriately and must wear shirts and shoes.
- No more than two visitors are allowed at bedside at one time.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious disease should not visit patients.
- Visits should be kept short.
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
Any personal information about your diagnosis and treatment must come from your physician. Your personal information is only available to those members of your immediate family whom you have designated to receive it.
Parking for patients and visitors is available directly in front of the hospital main entrance. Free parking is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Please do not park in reserved areas. It is important to lock your car.
The GPCH Auxiliary Gift Shop is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Gift Shop, staffed by hospital volunteers, features balloon bouquets, collectibles, stuffed toys, cameras, flower arrangements, snacks, cards, books, gift bags, jewelry, personal items, gift certificates and more! If the Gift Shop is not open during these hours, please call Ext. 1101 for assistance.
There are specially designated lounge areas for visitors on each patient floor of the hospital as well as on the main floor in the lobby. Specific waiting areas have been designated for families of patients who are in the Special Care Unit, the Emergency Department and in Surgery.
The GPCH Chapel is located on the main floor adjacent to the Emergency Room. Visitors are welcome to visit the Chapel.
Please make sure your family and friends are aware you will need a ride home when you are discharged from GPCH. If you are discharged in the morning, you will be ready to go home by 11 a.m. If you are discharged in the evening, you will be ready to go home by 7 p.m.
Places to Stay
Americinn Lodge & Suites
Best Western - Borger
Best Western Northgate Inn - Pampa
Heritage Inn - Borger
100 Bulldog Boulevard
Holiday Inn Express - Borger
Lone Star Inn & Suites - Fritch
205 E. Broadway
Three Falls Cove Bed & Breakfast - Bugbee
Thank You For Being Considerate of Our Patients!