The Tree of Life
The Jerry C. Waggoner Medical Foundation (JCWMF) is a non-profit foundation created in 1991 in honor of the late Jerry C. Waggoner, founding father of the Hutchinson County Hospital District. The Foundation’s charitable purpose is to promote, sponsor and carry out health education and health service activities and objectives of the Hutchinson County Hospital District.
The Tree of Life represents an enduring way for donors to remember special people or events through charitable donations to the Foundation. Donations are recognized by engraved brass leaves or rocks placed around the Tree of Life.
The Tree of Life is located in the lobby of Golden Plains Community Hospital. It is seen and admired by thousands of visitors and staff each year.
The Jerry C. Waggoner Medical Foundation offers assistance to the community in the following ways:
- Student scholarships for those entering the healthcare field in Hutchinson County
- Free dental clinic for the underprivileged
- Aiden's Closet - a charitable program to provide items to families with children between the ages of 0 and 18 months.
For more information on either of these two opportunities, please call 806-467-5700.
- Leaf (up to four lines and 22 characters per line) $100
- Rock (up to five lines and 26 characters per line) $250
Mail your memorial or honorarium to:
The Jerry C. Waggoner Medical Foundation
Attn: Kathy Whelchel
100 Medical Drive
Borger TX 79007
Online memorial or honorarium: