Golden Plains Community Hospital understand the desire family members and patient have to conduct online health research . Below you will find a research library to tens of thousand of health sources where you may read and examine health topic of interest to you. Though your doctor is the best source of accurate information, this online educational library of comparative health information links gives you a starting point for research so you do not have to turn to other popular search engines:
- Online General Health Search
- Medical Dictionary
- Medical Encyclopedia
- Health Topics on Conditions, Diseases, Wellness
- Drugs, Supplements, and Herbal Information
Visitors can be good medicine for patients. Family members and friends are welcome to visit; however, patient care is our primary concern at GPCH and, in order to enhance the quality of care, we ask that visiting hours be no later than 9 p.m. We understand your reluctance to leave a loved one, but rest is an important part of the healing process.
Following are general guidelines for visitors:
- Visitors may not smoke in patient rooms or anywhere on the hospital campus. This includes e-cigarettes.
- Visitors must dress appropriately and must wear shirts and shoes.
- No more than two visitors are allowed at bedside at one time.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious disease should not visit patients.
- Visits should be kept short.
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
Any personal information about your diagnosis and treatment must come from your physician. Your personal information is only available to those members of your immediate family whom you have designated to receive it.
Parking for patients and visitors is available directly in front of the hospital main entrance. Free parking is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Please do not park in reserved areas. It is important to lock your car.
The GPCH Auxiliary Gift Shop is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Gift Shop, staffed by hospital volunteers, features cards, snacks, stuffed toys, collectibles, balloons, gift bags, jewelry, personal items, gift certificates, and more!
There are specially designated waiting areas for each patient area of the hospital, as well as the main lobby. There are specific waiting areas designated for families of patients who are in ICU, the Emergency Department, and Surgery.
The GPCH Chapel is located in the main hallway just outside of the Emergency Department and Admissions. Visitors are welcome to visit the chapel.
Please make sure your family and friends are aware you will need a ride home when you are discharged from GPCH. If you are discharged in the morning, you will be ready to go home by 11 a.m. If you are discharged in the evening, you will be ready to go home by 7 p.m.
Places to Stay
Best Western Borger Inn
206 S Cedar St, Borger, TX 79007
Borger Ambassador Inn
900 E. 3rd St., Borger, TX 79007
Hampton Inn & Suites
1415 W. Wilson St., Borger, TX 79007
100 Bulldog Blvd., Borger, TX 79007
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
1351 W. Wilson St., Borger, TX 79007
Thank You For Being Considerate of Our Patients!